How it works
Register with Mulch2garden to find free mulch deliveries near your location. Just sign-up as a gardener and complete the request form along with any delivery instructions.
When you order mulch (wood chips) please be aware of the following :
Mulch materials & How much is delivered
- Mulch consistency– The type of wood chips will vary with each delivery so we can’t guarantee any specifics about the materials. Wood chips may include some sticks or branches.
- Normal load “free” (large truck)– We don’t guarantee an amount, but you must be able to handle as much as 20-30 cubic yards+.
- Small load (small truck)– We don’t guarantee an amount, but you must be able to handle as much as 10 cubic yards+
- We ask the arborists to do their best effort to meet the guidelines, but don’t make guarantees. Arborists will not pick-up mulch once it has been delivered.
How long does it take to receive my mulch (wood chips)?
- Delivery dates can vary depending on the season, number of requests, and # of active arborists using the service.
- We can’t guarantee any specific timeframes (time of day, week, etc.). Please be prepared to receive the loads at any time/day.
- Different requests make take longer than others since arborists have the option to search and accepts specific requests: donation vs free, location, normal loads vs small load..etc.
- Normal loads– These are free of charge, but we do allow you to include a donation which supports the website and helps us reduce arborist fees to use the platform.
- Fractional loads– We require a small fee for these requests as they are more challenging to accommodate.
- Donation timing– We process the donations at the time of the order to avoid keeping any personal credit card information on file for security reasons.
Mulch delivery location?
- Arborist do their best to follow the delivery instructions. If the delivery isn’t possible due to space or local laws you will be notified. Or the arborist will cancel their acceptance.
- Please make sure the deliver site allows access for a large truck with no wires or other obstructions. Having a secondary location is helpful in many cases
- Arborists sometimes will try to notify the homeowner ahead of the delivery, but not always. Please be ready for deliveries at anytime. Avoid having vehicles or other items blocking delivery areas.
Please be patient as the demand for mulch grows and more arborists join the community.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional help.